Our adventure began December 23, 2006, and we are certainly living happily ever after!

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Gauge Sweater

Some people knit a gauge swatch to ensure an accurate fit - I do an entire sweater instead!

I wanted to make a baby gift and found a fun pattern online. Using the suggested yarn and needle size I quickly whipped up a sweater that would fit a healthy 2-year old. Finding a pair of needles 2 sizes smaller, same yarn, makes a sweater for a 1-year old. A dolly will have a new sweater when I reduced the number of stitches by 1/4. I don't know what I adjusted for sweater #4, but I think it will fit perfectly!



3 comments:

Jodi said...

Those are BEAUTIFUL!!! Have you figured out what it would take to make one for a almost 6 year old ;)

Jena said...

Too funny - love the tiered (?)look you have going there ;-)

Kokopelli Karen said...

Wish I would crank'em out like you. Good job!